Sunday, June 8, 2014

Mascara Crazy!




         Jeez it's been ages since I've posted anything on here. I really want to get back into the swing of things. I've been trying out a lot of new products, drugstore and high end. Be on the lookout for a lot of new makeup and hair reviews, OOTD's and just life randomness.
      Forever and a half I've been in love with Maybelline's Falsies mascara. It's been my best friend that's never let me down. It lengthens and thickens my lashes and does exactly what it claims to do make my lashes look false. Even a guy asked me before if I was wearing false lashes. A GUY! When a guy notices something like that then you know your mascara is awesome! All good things must come to an end tho. The last two tubes I've bought of falsies have just been terrible. Did they reformulate it? Is it just me? It drys out super fast now, flakes on me (huge no no) and has not been water proof at all on my watery eyes. I remember going out and partying all night before and that mascara would never budge. No raccoon eyes or flakes, nothing. Just awesomeness! So I began hunting again for that perfect mascara.
  On with the reviews. I bought all these mascaras at Walmart and with coupons I paid no more then 8 bucks and under. Lets start with L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Butterfly Mascara in Waterproof. Out of the bunch of mascaras this is my least favorite one. It's a good mascara but just not what I particularly look for in a mascara. It's a pretty watery thin formula it does not in anyway thicken but it does lengthen a lot. I usually wear this mascara on my more natural days or days when I'm running late to work and doing my makeup on the bus like a mad woman. Mostly tho I really enjoy this mascara for my bottom lashes. Since it's such a thin mascara it doesn't clump up so it's perfect for those little baby lashes under your eyes.
     Next Covergirl's Bombshell Volume by Lashblast Mascara in Very Black. This mascara is truly amazing. I'm not a fan of any Covergirl mascaras but they really blew me away with this mascara. It lengthens, thickens and makes your eyelashes just look insanely long. I tend to wear this mascara when I'm going out at night or if I'm just doing more of a dramatic makeup look. For everyday use it's just too much for me. It's a bitch to get off. Make sure you have makeup wipes or tons of makeup remover handy when wearing this mascara.
      Now lastly Maybelline's The Rocket Volum' Express and Pumped UP! Colossal Volum' Express both in waterproof and in Very Black. They share a lot of the same similarities. They both darken the lashes really well lengthen and thicken the eyelashes extremely well. I use these both for everyday use. They stay on all day without flaking or giving raccoon eyes. What varies between the two mascaras and it the reason why I like one over the other besides the wand is the formula. Almost immediately after I bought and starting using the Pumped Up! mascara it dried out. It dried out like if I had it for months and like it was almost done. Me no likey that! It still works fine but I prefer a wetter formula. The Rocket on the other hand is holding up strong and hasn't dried out one bit after weeks of usage. I think it's safe to say me and Rocket are gonna be friends for awhile. If you happen to wonder onto this page drop a comment on what mascaras you have tried out and loved or hated. Drugstore or high end. Thanks so much. Tippy <3

No comments:

Post a Comment