Friday, July 12, 2013

My Kitty Tattoo

Since I got my first tattoo back in October or November I've been dying to go get another one. They truly are as people say, very addicting. About two weeks ago I decided I wanted a new tat and soon. I had a few ideas of what I wanted next but still wasn't too sure. I knew I always wanted a cat tattoo and thought about getting the Chinese lucky cat but I didn't want tons of color and I wanted something more simple. So I looked up cat tattoos and came upon one that looked identical to my cat, Piggy.Well the sketch doesn't look completely identical to Piggy but if Piggy was ever thrown into an alternate universe and became a cartoon this is what he would look like. I was instantly in love with the sketch. So now I was sold on what tattoo I wanted but now I needed a tattoo shop that could do it accurately. I looked around at some tattoo shops and none of the artists impressed me or the shop was just too overpriced. Luckily I remembered an old buddy of mine was an artist at a really well known shop with really high ratings and rave reviews on yelp. He was a great artist when were younger so I knew he was the right person. It hurt like crazy but it came out better then I could have ever imagined. I'm so happy with it. Take a look :)



(the original sketch I found online)



  

                                                   I bled a lot for some reason. (Ahhh bloody kitty)

         My kitty close up



So now it's Friday and I got the tattoo on Monday. It's healing up nicely and to my surprise it's not even itching. I keep forgetting it's even there. For my last tattoo the healing process was definitely the worst part of the whole thing. My only problem is that since it's healing I can't really shave my leg in that area and now my kitty is actually started to grow hair and whiskers (no bueno).

Check out the tattoo shop where I got it at Metamorph Studios

Also check out my bad ass friend who tattooed me "J" if you live in Chicago and are looking for a fantastic artist shoot him an email and set up an appointment with him (email address found on his link)

No comments:

Post a Comment